There seems to be this trend going around on the Facebook where you post your first ever Facebook profile picture along with your most recent profile picture and see how much you’ve “aged.” Well luckily for me, I don’t need the comparison of two pictures to tell me I’ve changed over the last 14 years, but it’s been a slow day so I’ll play along.
The very first picture I posted was on Dec. 6th 2006. It was from my Junior prom and was shot with a Sony Mavica camera, ok probably not, but I bet the quality was close. The picture size was so small and pixelated that I don’t feel that it fits the need of the task at hand. (Kids today will never know the struggle when it comes to adequate picture quality)
Because of the terrible picture quality, I cheated a bit and chose the next picture. Oddly enough both pictures are shared with the same person in almost identical poses.
Here I am, (on the right of course). Let’s talk a little about the
girl young lady in the picture for a minute, shall we?
- She’s 19 years old
- In her 1st year of college at Indiana State University
- Is pictured with her freshman roommate Molly who just happens to be one of her closest friends from high school.
- Her eyes and heart in this picture say “smile for the camera” her stomach and her brain are asking “I wonder if it’s pierogi night in the dining hall”
- She just died her hair for the first time and feels like she is on top of the world
- Is wearing a low-cut shirt, which is surprising because her standard attire in HS was sweats and a hoodie..
- Wearing a shell necklace that was a pain to put on and her hair always got caught in it
- She’s never had a boyfriend, hence the hair dye, silly necklace and low-cut shirt
- Not wearing any make up, but doesn’t appear to need it (yet).
- She is smiling but not fully because she needs braces and is a poor college student who can’t afford them
Now, let me introduce my current profile picture
- Right off the bat, it must be noted that I am only allowed to take pictures with my left side showing…
- This picture was taken in October of 2018
- She is 30 years and living in Texas
- Her hair is dyed once again partly because it makes her feel better but also because she doesn’t know what her real hair color is anymore
- She’s not wearing a shell necklace because she is a busy lady who doesn’t have time for articles of clothing/accessories that are uncomfortable
- She is pictured next to her first boyfriend who is also her Husband of almost 9 years
- She is smiling with her teeth because she worked hard her sophomore year of college to pay for braces at the age of 21
- Her face is loaded with make up because the sun, hormones and stress have not been kind to her over the years lol
- She’s gained weight, lost weight than gained weight back. (She’s losing it again btw)
- She’s pictured at a mall which is big for her because she prefers not to leave the house 80 % of the time
- Her eyes say “yay! A cute picture with my husband!” His eyes say “Hurry up, people are looking at us weird!”
So, have I aged? Well duh. There is a 12 year difference between these pictures. I don’t think 2006 Jennifer had the slightest clue what 2018 Jennifer would be doing, but even with all the curve balls life has thrown her, I doubt she imagined her life could be this good.
Have you done the “have I aged challenge” on facebook? Were you surpised with your findings?