What are some of the first things you do when you wake up in the morning?
I’m not a morning person, but I don’t need to tell you that, you are about to come to that conclusion all on your own. Now, may I present to you a morning at the Shilder House.
- Try to figure out where the annoying sound is coming from
- Kick a cat or dog off my legs so that I can roll over to search for annoying sound
- Frantically searching night stand and floor for annoying sound
- Find annoying sound under my back because I fell asleep reading Wikipedia again.
- Hit snooze.
- Sleep for 8 more minutes
- Try to figure out where annoying sound is coming form
- Remove said pet from legs again
- Locate phone that is still in my hand
- Utilize quick math skills to calculate if there is enough time to hit snooze again
- Terrible math skills wake me up enough to realize I need to get up.
- Look at phone notifications from Text/Facebook/Wordpress/Cnn while avoiding anything that says Trump, shutdown or wall
- Spend 2 mins trying to remember what Dr. appointment mom has that day
- Reassemble all hair that has fallen out of my pony tail and put it back
- Let dogs out for potty break
- Feed the overly dramatic cat before he goes on strike
- Potty break
- Re-evaluate whether I have time to go back to sleep for a minute
- Brush teeth
- Let dogs back in
- Get half way dressed
- Lay down In bed with clothes on until 2 minutes before we need to leave
- Swear to myself that I will go to bed at a reasonable hour tonigh.
You would think that at the age 31 I would be past the whole “But I don’t want to get up yet” tantrum, but yet here I am, rocking it.