My husband is gone for work for the week, and these are 10 things I will be doing in his absence. He may or may not be excited he isn’t here to join me.
- 3 words: Gilmore Girls Marathon
- Cheesy Romance novels and puppy snuggles
- The house temperature will be 70, then 75, then 70 then 75 again….in one hour
- I will Sleep in the middle of the bed with all my pillows
- Text him every half hour asking him what he’s up to
- Homemade Zoodle Shrimp Alfredo all to myself
- Oil changed on the car…wait…this doesn’t sound like an advantage.
- Give my doggo’s too many treats and lots of kisses
- Bubble baths and while playing the best of Cher and Abba
- The following movies will be on repeat
- You’ve Got Mail
- Sound of Music
- The Mirror has Two Faces
- The Bridges of Madison County
- Pretty Woman
- Sleepless in Seattle
Because in most things in life there is balance, these are the 10 things I will miss with his absence. Again, he may or may not be excited he isn’t here to join me
- I will miss telling him to roll over every time he snores in my general direction
- I will miss reading him these blogs before I post them for a laugh test
- I will miss the smell of his body wash wafting into the room at 5 a.m. after his morning shower
- I will miss him showing me a million things on Facebook, even though I’ve already seen them lol
- I will miss him talking to me about his flights that day even though I don’t understand
- I will miss the way he makes pumping gas look so effortless ;).
- I will miss him ‘yelling’ at me for sorting the dirty clothes wrong
- I will miss him ‘yelling’ at me for loading the dishwasher wrong (confession, I’m a terrible housewife)
- I will miss seeing how excited the dogs get after he walks through the door after he has been at work all day
- I will miss the way he talks to our puppies early in the morning when he gently wakes them up to take them outside for potty time.
This post started as a silly weekday ramble, but the more I wrote the more I was reminded of two things…
- How much of the little and big things that I love about my sweet husband.
- So many people I know are missing their spouses for more serious reasons such as military deployment or death. This makes my complaints of a five-day separation sound trivial and minuscule.
Hug your loved ones and don’t take the little things for granted 🙂