What are you recovering from right now?
When I sat down to tackle todays writing prompt, several items of recovery came to mind. None of them seemed to be substantial in length nor of real importance, so I decided to gather them together in a short-ish list. And here we go…
- I’m recovering from 2018. Not 2018 in terms of events, but 2018 in terms of the numbers. Here we are 4 days into the New Year and not once have I managed to write a single date correctly.
- 2 words, carb withdrawl. Without turning this into the stereotypical “new year new me” post, my husband and I have been eating a lot less carbs for about a week now. Bread I could care less about, but fruit and MILK are a whole different story.
- The after effects of Christmas. While our whole house has been cleaned from top to bottom and our decorations and treasured presents have found their rightful spots, I keep finding pieces of glitter everywhere. 2015 Jennifer thought it would be cute to decorate the tree one year with decorative swags that feature what I thought to be a tasteful dusting of silver and gold. They only lasted 1 year, but the trail of glitter they left behind haunts me to this day.
- The plural of the word “cat.” I don’t know if I had mentioned it on here yet, but we recently had to have one of our pet cats Rowdy put to sleep. It was a terrible experience that I have never had to go through before, and while we are working on not being as sad, it still stings when one of says “did you feed the cats?” or “Do the cats need their litter box changed out yet?”
- Mother nature. She’s been on one this past fall and winter. It has been cooler here in Texas than it normally is (not that I should complain too much, I’m used to worse) and to make matters worse it has rained straight through the last few days. We are talking miserable cold with 2 ½ inches of water. Yeah, I’ll pass.