“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” —Mark Twain.
First off I want to state that this is not a list of resolutions. Resolutions require commitment and often end in disappointment, plus I already wrote about resolutions I should make but won’t because they don’t last. Think of this as a list of things I am excited and hopeful for in the next 365 days (this way no one gets hurt mmkay!)
- I’m excited to be more at peace and happier in 2019. 2018 had a rough start. I was having a hard time juggling working full time and taking care of my mom full time.
I wasn’t happy,I was struggling with depression and trying to hide it from family, friends and co-workers was making it a lot worse. With the support of my family and friends I left my job of 8 year’s, so I could focus on my mom full time. The end of 2018, while still not perfect in every way, ended 100 times better than the way it started. I plan to carry this positivity forward!
- I’m looking forward to reading more in 2019. In October I put down the Roku remote and got back into reading a book series I started the year before but lost interest. I read 24 books from October to the end of December, got back into a normal sleep schedule (binge watching ruins sleep) and exercised my brain that’s been on hiatus since I graduated college. I am on a mission to read all of Debbie Macomber’s books and re-read all of Nicholas Sparks books. Deep literary stuff, you know.
- I am excited to cross off as many items as I can on my ‘Quarter Life Crisis Bucket List” as noted above, I’ve been working on the book portion of that list as well as the craft project part of the list. I’ve begun to dabble on the musical instrument part and have ideas for my volunteer projects!
- I am excited to get back home to Indiana in February and start the process of getting my mom’s house packed up and cleaned out. Don’t get me wrong, packing up and selling my childhood home is going to be an emotional rollercoaster, but I know in my heart this is what needs to be done to bring some closure for my mom and will bring her some peace. Plus, spending 2 weeks with my family and my best friend won’t be bad either 😉
- I’m excited for another year of renewed friendship! Up until this past fall, I had done a terrible job of keeping in touch with friends from home. Moving 1000 miles away doesn’t help, but it’s not impossible to maintain a long distance friendship, and I failed. I’m lazy and let life get in the way, but after a much needed trip home to Indiana I feel like I have a social connection again. Sometimes life is funny, sometimes life is sad and sometimes you witness random people do weird things in public. It’s important to have a friend to share all of that stuff with who won’t judge you (and will ask for pictures ha) #myarmsaresobig #hottfuz #warmlint
- Looking forward to House shopping. In connection to selling my mom’s house, we have decided in the next year or so to put our own home in Texas up for sale in an effort to find something that fits our current needs better. This is bitter sweet. I LOVE our house, but when we moved my mom in we began to burst at the seams. Also, even though our current house is a new build, it was NOT built for a wheel chair. RIP my door frames and walls. A new house means more room, possibilities for having house guests again and just maybe we won’t all be at each other’s throats (this ties in to bullet point #1 ha)
- I’m excited to get more involved in church this year. No more walking in quietly, worshiping, than leaving quietly. I know I mentioned this in my quarter life crisis bucket list, but this definitely deserves mentioning again. I have social anxiety, so this task has required baby steps but I’m getting better and I plan on finding a small group to join soon!
- Baseball Season!! I am beyond excited about baseball season, but if you’ve been following me for a while you already knew that!