A week, one week! I had been on quite the roll in terms of a posting schedule. Monday, Wednesday & Friday like clockwork, then bam. I disappeared. I was sick for some of it but if I am being 100% honest with you (and myself), I just wasn’t feeling very funny. It happens, and that is part of the reason why I started this blog back up. Writing can be therapeutic whether its serious writing or funny (or attempted funny in my case). So, until I find my groove again (anybody got Stella’s number?)…I’m going to take a look back at the events of Summer 2018 and hopefully we will be back to our regular scheduled programing soon!
2018 Summer Recap!
- Took a big leap of faith and put my 2 week’s notice in at my job of 7 years so I can take better care of my momma who moved in with us 2 years ago this week. It was the hardest but best decision I’ve ever made!
- Spent many days on the beaches both in Texas and in Florida
- Made it to opening weekend of MLB seeing the Texas Rangers loose to the Reigning World Champs, the Houston Astros!
- Speaking of baseball, made it to 3 different stadiums one of which was a new one for us and another to cross off our list in our quest to hit all 30 Stadiums! Globe Life Field (Texas Rangers) Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros) and the new to us Coors Field (Colorado Rockies)
- Went to a motor bike race and sat in a luxory suite box for the first time
- Cut all my hair off because I live in Texas and refuse to let the heat win
- Spent Memorial Day weekend in Colorado, enjoying the beautiful Rocky Mountains via a train as well as taking our first rapids/rafting trip!
- Made a last-minute trip to Florida for a family reunion and spent much needed time with people we don’t see nearly enough
- Went home to Indiana for an unexpected funeral and shocking reminder that tomorrow is not promised but Gods love, hope and grace for us, (if we accept Him) is.
- Became a mac user/lover and said goodbye to the last Microsoft product in our house..#notsorry
- Went to exactly 1 movie in a theater (wish it could have been 0 )
- Learned to cook seafood gumbo, chocolate lava cakes and a cheese soufflé. I also watched my fair share of ‘The French chef’ with Julia Childs…
- Learned to cross stitch…now I just need to learn how to finish it.. 😉
- Bought 3 new books that I will eventually read 😉
- Lost some weight…gained some weight…had fun in the process.
- 2 plane trips, 1 train trip and 1 16-hour road trip
- Put up a pool in our backyard and was quickly reminded why I didn’t take chemistry in high school..(pool chemicals are not fun..)
- Bought a new car
- Shaved 1 half of a 24 lb cat because life isnt interesting enough and because he sat on a wax warmer…
- Challenged myself to go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up at a normal hour and lasted precisely 1 day.
- Finally cut the cord that is traditional TV and have become a household of Netflix, Hulu and Prime.
- Re-watched every episode of Scrubs, Roseanne, Greys Anatomy, Sex and the City and Seinfeld from start to finish…again.
- Challenged myself to watch all 100 movies on American Film Institute’s 100 Greatest American Movies of our time. I’ve watched the first 6 and am wondering if I made the right decision lol
There they are, several of the high lights of this past summer. What is something you did this summer that you were glad you were able to accomplish?